A MANUFACTURING PARTNER YOU CAN COUNT ON
Telephonics' Electronic Systems Division (ESD) provides over 70 years of design and manufacturing experience in electronic systems for both military and commercial applications and can manage or supplement high-volume, high-tech production needs. ESD has the ability to provide a complete turnkey manufacturing solution for your design and is uniquely capable of adapting to emergent manufacturing changes to your supply-side requirements.
The Electronic Systems Division specializes in:
- Reviewing and producing technical data packages
- Managing a global supply chain, including qualifying suppliers, placement of orders, subcontract management, vendor surveillance and source inspection
- Tailoring proven production line techniques to fit the assembly and test needs of a product
- Creating the necessary assembly methods and inspection instructions to efficiently produce a high quality product
- Designing and performing a complete suite of electrical tests, including reliability stress screening
- Maintaining a quality system that satisfies your requirements, the requirements of ISO 9001:2000, AS9100:2001-08 and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Regulations Part 21
- Responding quickly to product changes or surges to the delivery schedule
Focused Factory and Lean Manufacturing Concepts
The ESD Operations model is built on the Focused Factory concept, incorporating a multifunctional, integrated, and collocated team with appropriately designed work cells. The Focused Factory affords the greatest opportunity for manufacturing success resulting in shorter cycle times, reduced production costs and improved product quality. Additionally, Lean Manufacturing concepts are integrated into the Focused Factory model to enhance the overall manufacturing process and reducing non-value-added operations.
Telephonics has two ASQ-trained Six Sigma Black Belts who support a wide range of improvement projects. Additional tools include process-modeling software for simulating process functionality as part of Lean events to streamline internal operations.
Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT) and Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS) provide a stringent environment to force design and process maturation prior to product release.
Telephonics maintains a state-of-the-art HALT/HASS facility and the required resources to provide accelerated product stress testing. This increases product reliability, reduces warranty costs and reduces time to market for products enhancing customer satisfaction.
ESD is continually recognized by our demanding customer base and partners for outstanding performance and is ready to bring the same success to your manufacturing needs.
To further explore the opportunity to partner with the Electronic Systems Division of Telephonics, please contact (631) 549-6936.Download an Adobe Acrobat Brochure of this page