At Telephonics, interns have the opportunity to work alongside some of the most respected and knowledgeable defense industry engineers and corporate professionals, while gaining practical career experience. Although Telephonics primarily focuses on Engineering internships, we also will consider resumes for a variety of corporate/professional intern positions. All eligible candidates must have completed at least two years of a bachelor's degree program at an accredited college or university with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Candidates must possess strong verbal and written communications skills and be authorized to work in the U.S.
Engineering Internship Job Descriptions
Develops computer software programs for narrowly defined product specifications as part of the product design process, including:
- Reviewing, analyzing and interpreting product performance specifications that outline specific tasks for each design module
- Composing computer programs using programming language
- Testing written programs to ensure that they will perform well under all circumstances
- Completing all necessary documentation for submission to the customer
Provides an opportunity to work with the lead engineer responsible for meeting technical requirements, including:
- Development of system requirements
- Overall system architecture
- Radar/IFF mode design
- Performance analysis
- Systems design definition and documentation
- Customer interface and field testing
Internships in Software and Systems Engineering are also available in our Mt. Laurel, NJ office.
Develop and test electrical and mechanical components for specific projects as well as systems, including:
- Research electronic equipment
- Design electrical systems based on customer specifications
- Coordinate activities around the fabrication, operation, application, installation and repair of components
Computer (Hardware) Engineering
Support the installation, repair and servicing of specific projects, system components and work with information technology hardware, including:
- Create detailed design descriptions to support source code development
- Gain familiarity with the software development process
- Work collaboratively with electrical and software engineers
We invite you to explore our summer internship opportunities. Please click on the link below to learn more about how you can make a difference at Telephonics.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. Reasonable accommodations may include, but are not limited to, those which may enable individuals with disabilities and special disabled veterans to perform the essential functions of their positions.