Telephonics Corporation (“Telephonics”) understands how important it is to protect your personal identification information. “Personal identification information” is information that lets us identify you, such as your email address, name and mailing address. Telephonics will use your personal identification information to selectively send you communications that may be of interest to you.
1. Notice and Disclosure
2. Use of Information
Services and transactions. We use your personal information to deliver services or carry out transactions you have requested, such as providing information on Telephonics products, registering purchased products, processing product orders, handling warranty claims, providing product manuals, answering customer service requests, receiving Telephonics purchase orders and managing supplier information, facilitating use of our websites and so forth. In order to offer you a more consistent experience in your interactions with Telephonics, information collected by our websites may be combined with information we collect by other means.
Website improvement. We may use your personal information to improve our websites and related Telephonics products and services, or by customizing our websites to your particular preferences or interests.
Employment applications. We ask you for personal information in connection with a job application or inquiry such as information about yourself, a resume or curriculum vitae. We may use this information throughout Telephonics and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates for the purpose of employment consideration. We will keep the information for future consideration unless you direct us not to do so. By accessing our websites you are consenting to the information collection and use practices described in this privacy statement.
Disclosure of your personal information. Except as described below, personal information you provide to Telephonics through our websites will not be shared outside of Telephonics and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates without your permission.
- Disclosure to service providers. Telephonics contracts with other companies to provide services on our behalf such as hosting websites, sending out information, processing transactions and analyzing our websites. We provide these companies with only those elements of your personal information they need to deliver those services. These companies and their employees are prohibited from using that personal information for any other purpose.
- Disclosure to distributors. In responding to a request made by you, we may share your personal information with companies that distribute our products or services. In those cases, we provide these companies with only those elements of your personal information they need to respond to your request. These companies and their employees are prohibited from using that personal information for any other purpose. In some cases we may seek your permission to share your information with distributors for marketing purposes other than responding to a request from you. However, we will not share your information for such marketing purposes unless we have obtained your express consent to do so.
- Disclosure in connection with transactions. In connection with certain transactions, we may disclose some or all of your personal information to financial institutions, government entities and shipping companies or postal services involved in fulfillment.
- Disclosure in connection with acquisitions or divestitures. Circumstances may arise, where for strategic or other business reasons, Telephonics decides to sell, buy or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or receiving it from sellers. It is Telephonics' practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
- Disclosure for other reasons. We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary under the following conditions: (1) to comply with legal requirements or with legal process served on us; (2) to protect and defend our rights or property; (3) in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of any individual.
Registrants to Telephonics’ website have the choice to opt out of having personal identification information submitted in the registration process used for any purpose unrelated to the reason for which the information was provided to us, unless such information is required to complete the visitor’s specific information request. Visitors may request to be removed from Telephonics’ information database by contacting our webmaster. Visitors may choose not to receive informational email messages from Telephonics by contacting our webmaster.
4. Data Accuracy and Updates
The accuracy of your personal identification information is important to Telephonics. Registered Telephonics website users can update their personal identification by contacting our webmaster.
5. Children’s Privacy
Telephonics Corporation’s websites are not designed with the intent to collect information from children under the age of 13. We ask that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information to us while viewing our website. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 13, please contact our webmaster so that we may delete the information.
6. International Transfers of Personal Information
Personal information collected on our websites may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Telephonics or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By using our websites you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
7. California Privacy Rights
Annually California residents may request and obtain information that Telephonics shared with other businesses for their own direct marketing use within the prior calendar year (as defined by California’s “Shine the Light Law”). If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared along with the names and addresses of all third parties with which Telephonics shared this information in the immediately preceding calendar year. To obtain this information, please contact our webmaster with "California Shine the Light Privacy Request" in your message. We will then respond to the provided email address with the requested information.
8. Third Party Websites
A cookie is a small piece of information that tells a website you have visited there before. Each website that you visit can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser preferences allow it. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although in that case you may not be able to use certain features on our website. In addition, a number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously.