Telephonics COSA ICS
Telephonics’ COSA Intercommunications System (ICS), developed and deployed on the C-17A Globemaster, is a highly integrated radio management system that provides full ICS capability as well as radio suite management in one system.
The Telephonics Advantage
- Provides 8 user and 40 radio interfaces as well as both MIL-STD-1553 remote terminal and bus controller capabilities, Automatic Gain Control (AGC)/Voice Operated Transmission (VOX), Central Aural Warning System (CAWS) and extensive backup/redundant capabilities
- Built on a Versa Module Europa (VME) bus architecture
- Crew access panels include a multi-button display unit, providing full radio situational awareness
- COSA supports the addition of Telephonics’ VME-based Virtual Network Interface Card (VNIC) to support added functionality
- Radio/navigation control unit containing a 4x5 in., programmable LCD display interfaced directly to the Communications Control Unit (CCU)